Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Dogma
Casual Contributor

Online Help bearly enough

I am on a number of online help forums, and find the time limit put there not enough, eg. lifeline.org give you 30 mins chatting to someone and then you have to start again. 

I find when I write I express better, but also find the other party don’t understand or the time frame not enough.

what do others think

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Online Help bearly enough

Hello @Dogma and welcome to the forum

Sane Forum is open 24/7 so there are members around all the time , so write away my friend  and have a look around the forum

@TAB, @CheerBear, @Mazarita, @frog, @greenpea, @Faith-and-Hope, @Ant7

Hi @Dogma and welcome to the forums ..... 🖐

Hello @Dogma

I think a lot depends on the person.  For me the chatlines were not good and I definitely prefer writing.  There are a lot of people here and over time it has helped break down my isolation.

Take Care

Smiley Happy

I express myself better in writing, but I find people that are meant to be sbke to help can’t understand the message behind the words.

compare to that of when I am talking to and one on one or a group, I can’t get my true thoughts out

Hi Dogma

I have used a few online ones but for me it wasnt the time that I found unhelp but the process.. i think that would be the right word. Any time that I have accessed the lifeline one I feel they dont listen just want to get me to say yes I am safe and then thats it. I know safety is there purpose but there is a lot me to safety than just that. I have stopped accessing them because of that.

I agree I won’t be going back

There is online chat connected to many / most support services guys.  Would you consider trying that way ?  

So glad you have found us here, cos it's all written on the forums .... and there are so many of us here there is usually someone about when you need company.

Welcome to the forums @destructive .... 🖐

Hi everyone, 

Welcome to the forums @Dogma@destructive I haven't seen you around so apologies if you aren't new but I am going to say welcome regardless!

Online services are so varied and will have different capacities to support certain situations. Like all services it can take everyone a while to find something that is helpful and can be a subjective experience! Online chat connects you with counsellors to talk one on one and it is important for them to check if you are in crisis and if you need urgent support.

The online forum here is a peer support area. So as you will have noticed, the people replying to you are also people with their own experiences and are here to share, support and connect with one another. 

It is very powerful to be heard by those that are also going through a tough time and give and recieve support from your peers. Perhaps this online style of support may suit you better than the online chat style? I hope you enjoy it 😊

Thanks For the welcome. I did come on a few years ago but only posted once so still new.

I didn’t realise Sane had a chat thing. I’ve not used it. I was mostly referring to lifeline which I get there purpose is safety so the focus is different, but I also found it felt very scripted. I’ve tried suicide call back service too though and found them a bit better. So I guess it’s about what you need at the time and the purpose/focus of the service. 

I wish I could access the phone ones but get too anxious to talk.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance