Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Chris
Senior Contributor

Good day/bad day

Do you ever get to the point that you feel you can't do this anymore. No I am NOT suicidal. Just tired of the struggle. I feel like I've been putting on this pretence that I'm ok. And I keep challenge myself that I feel I can't do. So why do it. So as a result I've canceled my psychologist.Also the new group that starts next week. And cancelled out on one other thing that was important to me, but I just don't have the courage to go through with it. It's sheer frustration as to doing these things or not doing them.Feel like I just can't win .
That's about it really.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Good day/bad day

Hi @Chris. I don't know your story but just wanted to leave a message saying I hear you and relate to often feeling a lack of will to engage with things. Like you, I also sometimes get the feeling that pretending positivity is exhausting. A few things occur to me:

• One suggestion is to re-make the appointments if possible tomorrow or the next day or as soon as you can, and just go anyway even if you are not feeling it. I know some people say that just turning up for things is beneficial. 
  • If this is not possible, or if you have too much resistance at present, perhaps let yourself be for a while, ride out these feelings and engage again when you can find some energy.
  • It also seems possible that your current therapy is just not really working for you and that you might consider finding alternatives. I would be careful jumping to this conclusion though because it might just be that your current mood is not reflective of overall progress.

I hope these suggestions are helpful in some way and, if not, at least know that others are listening.

Former-Member
Not applicable

i havent got much i can say, but i do get that feeling. remember nothing is set in stone... sometimes things pass or change and thats ok too... i hope things seem better for you soon,

take care

lj

hI @Chris,

Yes that ishow i have felt for some time now,  what is the point, i live everyday exactly the same, nothing changes, except the date. i wake up, go for a walk, have breakfast, wait for lunhc have a sleep, have dinner and sleep some more.

That is my day in a nutshell, every day for the past 14 years,  i often wonder why i keep going, honestly i don't know, fear of failure (suicide) i am terrified someone will save me.

I am tired of being scared, tired of being in constant dread, tired of being put down.  really tired of everything, i just want peace.

i have only taken a few steps forward, and many thousands back.  always waiting for the figurative piano to drop on my head.

i don't know what the answer is, i know i will always be this way.

Thankyou for this post, i thought i was only thinking these things myself.

Take Care & Stay Warm

Jacques

I feel like that a lot.  I am trying to find a balance between being "positive" and cant be bothered.  Sometimes I think my cant be bothered is actually sign of "growth". or learning about a different side of myself.

Eg A few years ago I decded not to care about the state of my room.  It helps me reflect on my inner teenager , rebel, but it has been productive in a weird way.  Its not too out of control, but I am not driven to pick everything up or keep it neat any more. Ahh bugger it.

@Chris

I remember you were going to do the DBT course which is a big commitment.  Not sure what the right answer is. @Mazarita has a point .. just showing up is important .. regardless of how you feel .. you can learn to regulate your emotion bit by bit over time.

Thinking of you @Chris

Hope things are on the up.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance