Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

MedicalMystery
New Contributor

Medically undiagnosed

Hey everyone!

just wanted a space to write what’s been going on for over a month. It all started on the 14th March when I was making dinner, I had a sharp pain in my stomach which turned out to be kidney stones. I was taken to hospital and monitored for 24 hours, and then discharged. Unfortunately, that was only the start. The stomach pain became unbearable, I had numerous presentations to hospital, had my appendix removed, and still no answer. I’ve had 4 CT scans, 3 MRIs, 8 ultrasounds, laparoscopy, and a gastroscopy- still no answers.

a couple of weeks ago, I lost my appetite, and sense of thirst. I’ve lost a significant amount of weight. Recently I’ve also started fainting, have a rapid heartbeat, and these awful headaches.

we’ve got no idea what’s going on and I’m scared we’ll never find out what’s wrong or how to treat any of my symptoms. The daily nausea and dizziness is horrible.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Medically undiagnosed

Hey @MedicalMystery thank you for sharing your story with the community here on the Forums!

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot and the uncertainty of not knowing sounds tough. You are demonstrating your resilience and strength by sharing your story with your peers. Stay the course and hopeful you will get some answers from the doctors and get some relief from the pain.

Thank you again for your post!

Take care

RiverSeal 

Hey @RiverSeal 

thanks so much for your kind words! I’m trying to stay resilient and be the advocate I need to be for myself as I have no family, but feel like an absolute burden on my doctors, but hopefully we get there soon!

Hey @MedicalMystery, welcome to the forums. I really, really feel for you. You're definitely not alone in facing unexplained health problems, and experiencing things that testing and imaging can't identify. It's a horrible journey. I went through something similar but, obviously, we're different... which is the tricky thing, imo. Since we're all so unique, it can take a lot of investigating to figure out what's going on in our bodies, and no two journeys are the same. I really hope you get some answers soon, but I also hope that you continue to seek support here on the forums, and elsewhere.

Do you have access to a psychologist/therapist? Regardless of what physical diagnoses you end up with, it's really important to be emotionally and mentally supported, especially if you have no family. 

By the way, you're not a burden on your doctors. That's a mindset I've also had to overcome. Your struggles deserve to be taken seriously, that is what the doctors are there for. You have every right to be supported.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance