Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Tabaluga's

Good Morning everyone @Meowmy @StuF @SmilingGecko @Oaktree @saturnzoon 

@Emelia8 @tonys @Glisten @StanD and anyone else who is around

Sounds great @Oaktree !

Good morning @Meowmy @TAB @Bill16 

Have a wonderful day (or something like that lol)!

TAB
Senior Contributor

ha ha @StuF 

Good morning @TAB! Just checking my Emerald power usage tracker app which is connected to my phone via smart meter. My electricity usage is up recently but as of yesterday since putting a new electric blanket on the bed the daily trend is down 67% as I previously had reverse aircon on at night to keep warm.

The Emerald advisor has enabled me to keep electricity usage within a good monthly trend.   Will get my electricity bill in a couple of days I think. It makes sense to have electric blanket on instead of aircon. Der. lol I checked yesterdays usage and it was really up. So next month will enjoy money back with solar power. March and April were about the same amount used but can bring electricity bill down some more in May. I keep the Emerald electricity advisor on my phone resting on my desk so I can see the usage amount in realtime. Have to be a bit tighter.

Saw the environmental minister wants people to get new ovens and stovetops put in that are electric plus more energy efficient appliances in your house. Might hop along to the webpage fairly soon to see if they are offering subsidies on ovens and stovetops. It just had to happen didn't it?

TAB
Senior Contributor

I swapped to winter quilt plus wearing long sleeve waffle knit top over usual singlet , well and lighting fire for few hours using up wood, so havent turned a/c on heat at all yet. do have 1000w radiator in kitchen though prob run and hour a day on average @SmilingGecko 

I've got to get my usage down @TAB slacked off a bit last month and this month. I do have my black XTM thermals which trap heat.  The cold in Melbourne is usually pretty bad around this time of year. I think it has something to do with location, but I do appreciate that your summers are extremely hot compared to here.

But this nifty Emerald app is really good it enables me to be more mindful of my energy consumption.

Was just waiting for the environmental minister to say something regarding people getting cooktops/ovens replaced. Was going to wait until the end of the year to get it done but its likely the Victorian government may also have a subsidy program with that. 

TAB
Senior Contributor

well, good luck with the subsidy @SmilingGecko  since i had smart meter installed can get hourly readings like a day behind. pro b said my brother got something that goes around wires (he put it in, prob not supposed to)  and it has LCD screen in 3 inch numbers on shelf in kitchen, can see what happens when turn kettle on eg

@TAB Yeah subsidy would be the way to go and a green loan through Plenti. I hardly used any gas its just the quarterly connection fee thats costing me money. I have been checking the market and induction seems to heat up rapidly compared to hot plate re pros and cons. I will look into it some more. Was on The Good Guys website a week ago and they could easily rip out my oven and insert it into the space under my bench. So it would be do-able. 

TAB
Senior Contributor

Fan forced ovens nice to use @SmilingGecko  think have steam as well now

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance